Accidents that involve collisions between trucks and cars can have devastating consequences, particularly to the occupants of the passenger vehicle, as trucks – the largest of which can weigh up to 80,000 pounds when fully loaded – only have to be going at very slow speeds to cause serious damage and injuries. What can make matters worse is the fact that occupants of passenger vehicles may be at the level of a larger truck’s bumper or grill, which could render vehicle safety features like seatbelts and airbags useless in the event of a serious car versus truck accident. Other factors that can worsen car versus truck accidents and, as a result, increase the potential that serious, life-threatening injuries will occur include (but are not limited to):
- The accident involving a head-on collision.
- Trucks being fully loaded or overloaded.
- Truck drivers driving at high or excessive speeds prior to the impact.
- Cars being at a standstill when they are hit by trucks.
- The accident occurring on a bridge or elevated roadway that increases the potential for a vehicle to fall off the side of the roadway.
In the event that you are involved in a car versus truck accident that was caused by any of the following individuals or parties, you will likely be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical bills, property damage, lost wages and mental anguish:
- A truck driver whose error caused the accident
- Another motorist on the road whose recklessness played a role in causing the accident
- A trucking company that failed to properly maintain the truck involved in the accident.
- A vehicle equipment manufacturer that is responsible for placing faulty equipment in a car or truck.
St. Louis, Missouri Car Accident Lawyers
The St. Louis car accident lawyers at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law have a long-standing commitment to serving our clients, and we are experienced at aggressively defending our clients’ rights in any legal setting. Our goal is to preserve and promote the rights and welfare of individuals and families who have suffered injuries and losses and/or who need help navigating through the complexities of the court system.
Since 1993, our lawyers have been successfully representing our clients in traffic accident cases, workers’ compensation cases, wrongful death cases, defective product and dangerous drug cases and various other areas of personal injury litigation. Our unwavering dedication to the pursuit of justice in every case we handle means that we will work relentlessly to help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes to their cases.
If you were involved in a car or truck accident and are currently in need of a Missouri or Illinois traffic accident lawyer, we encourage you to email us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen and/or to call us at (573) 333-3333 for our Missouri office or at (618) 888-8888 for our Illinois office. We offer free consultations.