Although most traffic accidents are caused by some type of driver error, in some cases, dangerous highway and road conditions can result in serious and potentially deadly motor vehicle accidents. Some of the specific factors that can contribute to dangerous highways and roadways include (but are not limited to):
- Poor lighting at night
- Lack of signage or signals
- Obscured signage and/or broken signals
- Lack of guard rails (particularly on curvy or elevated roadways)
- Poorly setup construction zone areas (due to, for example, poorly marked detour routes, lack of signage and/or construction equipment in the roadways)
- Poorly maintained roadways (While this can involve potholes or fading lane markers on the road, it may also refer to objects, such as accident debris or animal carcasses being left in the road).
In such cases, the party who is responsible for maintaining the highway or roadway can be held liable for a driver’s injuries, property damage and other losses through a car accident lawsuit. Depending on the specific circumstances of the accident, the liable party (i.e., the defendant in the car accident lawsuit) could be:
- The city or county
- The engineer or construction company doing work on the roadway
- The private community or association that owns the roadway.
St. Louis, Missouri Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers
The St. Louis car accident lawyers at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law have a long-standing commitment to serving our clients, and we are experienced at aggressively defending our clients’ rights in any legal setting. Our goal is to preserve and promote the rights and welfare of individuals and families who have suffered injuries and losses and/or who need help navigating through the complexities of the court system.
Since 1993, our lawyers have been successfully representing our clients in traffic accident cases, workers’ compensation cases, wrongful death cases, defective product and dangerous drug cases and various other areas of personal injury litigation. Our unwavering dedication to the pursuit of justice in every case we handle means that we will work relentlessly to help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes to their cases.
If you were involved in a car accident and are currently in need of a Missouri or Illinois car accident lawyer, we encourage you to email us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen and/or to call us at (573) 333-3333 for our Missouri office or at (618) 888-8888 for our Illinois office. We offer free consultations.