The St. Louis DUI accident lawyers at Brown & Brown are experienced at securing the maximum compensation for those injured in car accidents caused by intoxicated drivers.
While being involved in any traffic accident can be emotionally, physically and financially ruinous, accidents caused by drunk or intoxicated drivers can be especially devastating on an emotional level due to the fact that they could have been prevented if not for the reckless decisions of another driver. When a DUI accident occurs, injured parties can file a car accident lawsuit against the drunk or drugged driver in an effort to obtain compensation for their:
- Medical bills and injuries
- Lost wages, should their injuries prevent them from working
- Property damage and car repair bills
- Mental anguish.
It’s also important to note that:
- Drivers under the influence of prescription and/or over-the-counter medications can be held liable for victims’ injuries both in criminal and civil court just as they would be for taking illegal drugs and/or drinking excessive amounts of alcohol prior to driving.
- In some cases, drunk driving accident victims may be able to also hold the restaurant, bar or other establishment that served the drunk driver alcohol prior to the accident liable in court for additional compensation (according to Missouri Dram Shop Laws).
Building a DUI Accident Lawsuit
Some of the factors that experienced DUI accident lawyers will use to build a strong lawsuit against drunk drivers in order to help accident victims obtain the maximum possible compensation include (but are not limited to):
- Police reports
- Results of blood tests and/or breathalyzer tests (that report the at-fault driver’s blood alcohol content at the time of the accident)
- Witness statements
- Insurance company reports
- The other driver’s criminal record (particularly if that driver has prior DUI convictions).
St. Louis, Missouri DUI Accident Lawyers
The St. Louis DUI accident lawyers at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law have a long-standing commitment to serving our clients, and we are experienced at aggressively defending our clients’ rights in any legal setting. Our goal is to preserve and promote the rights and welfare of individuals and families who have suffered injuries and losses and/or who need help navigating through the complexities of the court system.
Since 1993, our lawyers have been successfully representing our clients in traffic accident cases, workers’ compensation cases, wrongful death cases, defective product and dangerous drug cases and various other areas of personal injury litigation. Our unwavering dedication to the pursuit of justice in every case we handle means that we will work relentlessly to help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes to their cases.
If you were involved in a traffic accident caused by an intoxicated driver and are currently in need of a Missouri or Illinois DUI accident lawyer, we encourage you to email us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen and/or to call us at (573) 333-3333 for our Missouri office or at (618) 888-8888(618) 888-8888 for our Illinois office. We offer free consultations.