Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death for individuals between the ages of 5 and 35 years old, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). While some of these fatal car accidents may be caused by unforeseeable factors, such as adverse weather conditions, in many cases, fatal car accidents are caused by preventable errors, negligence or recklessness on behalf of another driver or some other party. Some specific examples of negligence and/or recklessness that can results in fatal car accidents include:
- Driver intoxication, including drunk driving or driving under the influence of prescription, over-the-counter or illegal drugs
- Driver fatigue, which has been shown in some studies to be as dangerous as driver intoxication
- Driver distraction, such as operating cellphones or GPS systems when driving
- Poor roadway conditions, in which case the city, county or other entity responsible for maintaining safe roadways would be the negligent party
- Vehicle equipment problems, such as brake system or airbag failures, in which case the vehicle manufacturer would be the negligent party.
When any of these factors contributes to a car accident that results in a wrongful death, the family of the victim will be entitled to compensation for their:
- Loved one’s medical bills
- Loved one’s funeral and burial costs
- Mental anguish and suffering.
Although no amount of money can ever make up for the devastating loss of a loved one, pursing a fatal accident and wrongful death lawsuit can help a victim’s family secure the compensation they need to help them try to get through this difficult time.
St. Louis Fatal Car Accident Lawsuits
The St. Louis fatal car accident lawyers at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law have a long-standing commitment to serving our clients, and we are experienced at aggressively defending our clients’ rights in any legal setting. Our goal is to preserve and promote the rights and welfare of individuals and families who have suffered injuries and losses and/or who need help navigating through the complexities of the court system.
Since 1993, our lawyers have been successfully representing our clients in traffic accident cases, workers’ compensation cases, wrongful death cases, defective product and dangerous drug cases and various other areas of personal injury litigation. Our unwavering dedication to the pursuit of justice in every case we handle means that we will work relentlessly to help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes to their cases.
If you lost in a loved one in a traffic accident and are currently in need of a Missouri or Illinois fatal car accident lawyer, we encourage you to email us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen and/or to call us at (573) 333-3333 for our Missouri office or at (618) 888-8888 for our Illinois office. We offer free consultations.