Rollover car accidents are among the most devastating types of car accidents that can occur. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, rollover accidents cause:
- More than 50 percent of all fatalities associated with accidents involving sports utility vehicles
- More than 35 percent of all deaths associated with accidents that involve pickup trucks
- Nearly 20 percent of fatalities associated with accidents involving passenger vehicles.
Some of the reasons that rollover accidents are so deadly include the facts that:
- Rollover accidents can increase the risk of multi-vehicle collisions.
- Airbags and seatbelts may not be as effective at protecting drivers and/or passengers in vehicles involves in rollover accidents.
- Rollover accidents can increase the likelihood that a vehicle’s occupants will be ejected from that vehicle, which will only intensify any injuries they sustain.
Causes of Rollover Accidents
While rollover car accidents can be caused by unforeseeable factors, such as poor weather conditions, in many cases, the negligence or recklessness of some other party will cause these accidents to occur. Some specific examples of negligence that can lead to rollover accidents include:
- The reckless behavior of drivers: This can include speeding, cutting off other drivers or otherwise disobey traffic laws.
- Negligence of vehicle equipment manufacturers: While this may specifically include poorly designed vehicles that have high centers of gravity (which may make them more likely to rollover in an accident), it can also include faulty or defective safety equipment, like brake system malfunctions.
- Negligence of the party responsible for safe roadway design and/or proper roadway maintenance: This can include lack of guard railings and/or signage on particularly curvy roads.
Starting a St. Louis Rollover Accident Lawsuit
The St. Louis auto accident Attorney at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law have a long-standing commitment to serving our clients, and we are experienced at aggressively defending our clients’ rights in any legal setting. Our goal is to preserve and promote the rights and welfare of individuals and families who have suffered injuries and losses and/or who need help navigating through the complexities of the court system.
Since 1993, our lawyers have been successfully representing our clients in traffic accident cases, workers’ compensation cases, wrongful death cases, defective product and dangerous drug cases and various other areas of personal injury litigation. Our unwavering dedication to the pursuit of justice in every case we handle means that we will work relentlessly to help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes to their cases.
If you were involved in a rollover and are currently in need of a Missouri or Illinois car accident lawyer, we encourage you to email us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen and/or to call us at (573) 333-3333 for our Missouri office or at (618) 888-8888 for our Illinois office. We offer free consultations.