When insurance companies act in bad faith, they not only violate the contracts that policyholders have with them, but they also violate the public’s trust. Acts of insurance bad faith can come in various forms, some of which may include:
- Denials of legitimate claims against active policies
- Post-claims underwriting (the cancellation of an insurance policy when a claim is made against it because an insurer is claiming that the original paperwork misrepresented the insured individual’s condition or property)
- Significantly undercutting the amount of a payment for an insurance claim
- Significantly delaying payment on a legitimate claim (as the insurance company is obligated to address and pay out on claims in a timely manner).
At Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law, our St. Louis insurance bad faith lawyers understand how insurance companies may try to avoid paying legitimate claims in an effort to preserve their own profits at the expense of policyholders. We have a proven track record of successfully handling various types of insurance bad faith cases, including those that involve:
- Casualty Insurance Bad Faith
- Commercial General Liability Policies
- Delayed Payment Claims
- Fire Loss Claims
- Health Insurance Bad Faith
- Homeowners Insurance Claims
- Life Insurance Claims
- Disability Insurance Bad Faith Attorney
- Punitive Damages
- Other Insurance Disputes
St. Louis Insurance Bad Faith Lawsuits
The St. Louis insurance bad faith lawyers at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law have a long-standing commitment to serving our clients, and we are experienced at aggressively defending our clients’ rights in any legal setting. Our goal is to preserve and promote the rights and welfare of individuals and families who have suffered injuries and losses and/or who need help navigating through the complexities of the court system.
Since 1993, our lawyers have been successfully representing our clients in insurance bad faith cases, catastrophic injury cases, traffic accident cases, workers’ compensation cases, wrongful death cases, defective product and dangerous drug cases and various other areas of personal injury litigation. Our unwavering dedication to the pursuit of justice in every case we handle means that we will work relentlessly to help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes to their cases.
If your insurance company has denied or undercut your claim and you are currently in need of a Missouri or Illinois insurance bad faith lawyer, we encourage you to email us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen and/or to call us at (573) 333-3333 for our Missouri office or at (618) 888-8888 for our Illinois office. We offer free consultations.