Suffering from broken bones and internal injuries not only causes a person intense physical pain, but it can also cause them to suffer from some emotional and financial devastation, as the injured person will likely be unable to do some of the things he could before – including going to work and earning a living (either for the short or long term). While more minor cases of broken bones and internal injuries may require minimal medical treatment, what’s more common are moderate to severe cases of broken bones and internal injuries that typically require some combination of:
- One or more invasive surgeries
- Pins, screws or plates being implanted in the injured person
- Use of a cast, boot or other medical device for weeks or months
- Intensive physical therapy to regain the strength and mobility of the injured area of the body
In the event that broken bones and internal injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or recklessness, the injured person:
- Will likely have a personal injury claim against the negligent party
- Can secure compensation for his or her injuries and losses by following through with a personal injury lawsuit
- Should consult with the trusted St. Louis injury lawyers at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law to learn more about their legal rights and entitlements.
Causes of Broken Bones and Internal Injuries
Some of the specific causes of broken bones and internal injuries that can involve the negligence of another person or party include (but are not limited to):
- Motor vehicle accidents, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents and truck accidents
- Boating and airplane accidents
- Defective products or devices, including both consumer and medical devices
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents.
St. Louis Injury Lawyers and Lawsuits
The St. Louis injury lawyers at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law have a long-standing commitment to serving our clients, and we are experienced at aggressively defending our clients’ rights in any legal setting. Our goal is to preserve and promote the rights and welfare of individuals and families who have suffered injuries and losses and/or who need help navigating through the complexities of the court system.
Since 1993, our lawyers have been successfully representing our clients in catastrophic injury cases, traffic accident cases, workers’ compensation cases, wrongful death cases, defective product and dangerous drug cases and various other areas of personal injury litigation. Our unwavering dedication to the pursuit of justice in every case we handle means that we will work relentlessly to help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes to their cases.
If you have suffered from broken bones and/or internal injuries that may have been caused by another person’s negligent or reckless behavior, our Missouri and Illinois injury lawyers encourage you to email us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen and/or to call us at (573) 333-3333 for our Missouri office or at (618) 888-8888 for our Illinois office. We offer free consultations.