While tire blowouts cause nearly 80,000 traffic accidents each year in the U.S., these accidents result in more than 10,000 serious injuries and upwards of 400 car accident fatalities annually, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Tire blowouts, which can be caused by defective tires or failure to properly maintain tires, are an especially dangerous type of vehicle equipment failure, as they increase the likelihood that:
- A driver will lose control of his vehicle.
- The vehicle with the tire blowout will crash into other cars on the road and/or a roadway median.
Causes of Tire Blowouts
Some of the specific factors that can cause tires to blowout and increase the chances that a serious car accident will occur include:
- Poorly maintained roadways that have, for example, potholes and/or missing manhole covers
- Roadway debris that can puncture tires
- Excessive weight being placed on the tires due to, for example, vehicles being overloaded
- Failure to properly maintain tires by, for example, not monitoring or adjusting the air pressure in tires
- Defectively designed tires that are more susceptible to tire separation (which may also be referred to as detreading).
When the negligence of any other entity has caused a tire blowout accident, victims will be entitled to compensation for their injuries and losses by pursuing a truck accident lawsuit.
St. Louis Accident Lawyers
The St. Louis accident lawyers at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law have a long-standing commitment to serving our clients, and we are experienced at aggressively defending our clients’ rights in any legal setting. Our goal is to preserve and promote the rights and welfare of individuals and families who have suffered injuries and losses and/or who need help navigating through the complexities of the court system.
Since 1993, our lawyers have been successfully representing our clients in traffic accident cases, workers’ compensation cases, wrongful death cases, defective product and dangerous drug cases and various other areas of personal injury litigation. Our unwavering dedication to the pursuit of justice in every case we handle means that we will work relentlessly to help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes to their cases.
If you were involved in any type of traffic accident caused by a tire blowout or a defective tire and are currently in need of a Missouri or Illinois accident lawyer, we encourage you to email us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen and/or to call us at (573) 333-3333 for our Missouri office or at (618) 888-8888 for our Illinois office. We offer free consultations.