Many adults and school children rely on buses to transport them on a daily basis, and tragically, sometimes these buses can be involved in serious accidents. While bus accidents can be particularly upsetting to the public given that so many people trust buses to regularly and safely transport them, these accidents can also be alarming in that they:
- Can cause far more damage than other motor vehicle accidents due to the size and weight of buses (This means that, even at low speeds, bus accidents can have devastating consequences.)
- Tend to have significantly more injured victims (in the form of the bus’ passengers) than car versus car or other types of traffic accidents in which the involved vehicles carry far less passengers.
Bus Accident Causes
Bus accidents can be caused by any combination of the following:
- Bus driver error, such as a bus driver’s failure to obey traffic laws, driving while intoxicated and/or driving without a proper (or valid) driver’s license
- Errors committed by other motorists, which can include other drivers on the road disobeying traffic laws, driving while intoxicated and/or driving while fatigued (Studies show that driver fatigue can be just as dangerous as drunk driving.)
- Busing company’s negligence, examples of which can include a busing company’s failure to properly maintain its vehicles and/or to conduct background checks on its drivers
- City or county’s negligence, which may include a city or county failing to properly and safely maintain its roadways and highways
- Vehicle equipment manufacturer’s negligence, which can result in bus equipment – like braking systems – malfunctioning because, for example, the manufacturer used cheap parts in the assembly process.
Should any of the above-mentioned negligence or recklessness play a role in causing a bus accident, injured parties will be eligible to compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, property damage and mental anguish by pursuing a bus accident lawsuit.
Consultations with St. Louis, Missouri Bus Accident Lawyers
The St. Louis bus accident lawyers at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law have a long-standing commitment to serving our clients, and we are experienced at aggressively defending our clients’ rights in any legal setting. Our goal is to preserve and promote the rights and welfare of individuals and families who have suffered injuries and losses and/or who need help navigating through the complexities of the court system.
Since 1993, our lawyers have been successfully representing our clients in traffic accident cases, workers’ compensation cases, wrongful death cases, defective product and dangerous drug cases and various other areas of personal injury litigation. Our unwavering dedication to the pursuit of justice in every case we handle means that we will work relentlessly to help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes to their cases.
If you were involved in a bus accident and are currently in need of a Missouri or Illinois bus accident lawyer, we encourage you to email us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen and/or to call us at (573) 333-3333 for our Missouri office or at (618) 888-8888 for our Illinois office. We offer free consultations.