In an ideal world, we could trust that other drivers on the road – including truck drivers – are responsible, are focused on driving and will be looking out for others on the roadways. Unfortunately, however, this is not always the case, and such lapses in responsible driving practices can result in serious, potentially fatal truck accidents. Common examples of truck driver negligence that can cause or play a role in causing traffic accidents include (but are not limited to) truck drivers:
- Drinking alcohol and/or taking drugs (including some over-the-counter and prescription medications) prior to driving trucks
- Not paying attention to the road when driving (i.e., driver distraction)
- Failing to abide by federal trucking regulations (i.e., hours-of-service regulations aimed at curbing driving fatigue) – This can include falsifying driving logs and driving more than the maximum amount of hours permitted by federal regulations.
- Failing to abide by traffic laws by, for example, speeding, cutting off other drivers, tailgating or running red lights
- Failing to properly inspect trucks before and during hauls to check for potentially faulty equipment, like poorly treaded tires
- Failing to properly load trucks, which can lead to overloaded trucks, trucks with poorly balanced cargo and/or unsecured cargo
- Continuing to drive despite poor weather conditions.
St. Louis Truck Accident Lawyers
The St. Louis truck accident lawyers at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law have a long-standing commitment to serving our clients, and we are experienced at aggressively defending our clients’ rights in any legal setting. Our goal is to preserve and promote the rights and welfare of individuals and families who have suffered injuries and losses and/or who need help navigating through the complexities of the court system.
Since 1993, our lawyers have been successfully representing our clients in traffic accident cases, workers’ compensation cases, wrongful death cases, defective product and dangerous drug cases and various other areas of personal injury litigation. Our unwavering dedication to the pursuit of justice in every case we handle means that we will work relentlessly to help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes to their cases.
If you were involved in a truck accident that may have been caused by any type of truck driver negligence, we encourage you to email us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen and/or to call us at (573) 333-3333 for our Missouri office or at (618) 888-8888 for our Illinois office. We offer free consultations.